Monday 2 May 2011

Think, bitch, think!!!

So while discussing life and all its bullshit under a tree with a friend at a camping trip, we have come up with an analogy to describe our friends’ way of thinking.
We’ve used lines. I’m excited about this because I get to draw pictures.
I will try to illustrate how each ‘thinker’ gets from point A to point B. I know I can identify with a few of these.

1. OMG – Someone might see this.

So this is the paranoid thinker. The person who would rather take a completely different route rather than face some sort of a risk.




2. I can’t stop, I can’t stop.

This is the spiral thinker. The person who sees what’s happening, but just keeps doing it anyway. Kinda like when you take a big bite of a really hot roasted potato. You know it’s burning a small hole into your mouth but like a puppy you carry on, because it’s too late to turn back or spit that shit out. Plus it tastes good, even though it burns.



3. Let’s go this way, ohh look a new line. Let’s make it purple

Ahaaa. The creative thinkers. Those people who talk about purple unicorns and coloured acorns. Those people who don’t really know what line they’re on, but they’ll keep changing colour and direction as and when they need to. They get there eventually, that’s all that matters.



4. There must be another line, a smarter line.

The process-driven thinkers. There must be a quicker way. Have I thought about all the possible lines? What’s gonna happen if this line fucks out and starts to become a dotted line?? Heaven forbid I’m on a dotted line. How do we get the best out of this line? These people are tiring. Sometimes I am one of these people. I make myself tired. I wish I could skip the line completely and float to point B on a bubble.


5. Your line looks great!!!

Here are the line jumpers. Those people who don’t really have a solid opinion when it comes to anything. They jump on whatever line seems best. Whatever line everyone else is on at the time.




6. There are a million other lines here.

The over-analyzers. The people who read too much into everything. The over-thinkers. These people are draining. Nothing is simple for them. They see a hundred different lines, where we would see only 2. Perhaps these are the smarter, more experienced thinkers. Those who know every possible outcome. Those who have been there and done that and have several different scars to show for it.


7. Fuck your lines, I’m drawing my own.

The rebels. Those who will make a point of drawing their own lines, just because they can. The thinkers who will get to point B in their own time, in their own way.




8. The reckless.

They don’t care what happens between point A and  point B.They go full speed around the corners and don’t care if the road ends there.



9. Tomorrow? Future? What?

They think about what they need right.now.and.nothing.else.matters. There is no tomorrow in their plans.




10. Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

And then..... There are those who just don’t think at all.

1 comment:

  1. I know so many people that will fit into many of these thinking patterns, but never quite thought about it as pretty as in your pictures! REALLY well done!
    Me - I can’t stop, I can’t stop.
    Dene - Let’s go this way, ohh look a new line. Let’s make it purple
    :-)T

    ReplyDelete